WOIMA is a Finnish tech company challenging the current waste management and power generation practices by designing and delivering innovative state-of-the-art circular economy solutions that will transform that business segment forever. WOIMA will fulfil the developing countries’ quest for renewable energy and revolutionize both the waste-to-energy solutions and the methods of delivering them.
We will increase economic, environmental and social well-being in developing countries by delivering best-in-class waste-to-energy solutions and services. Our solutions mitigate waste-related challenges and offer sustainable growth to energy sector, waste management companies, investors and local population alike.
We are looking to hire a Lead Automation/Instrumentation Engineer, who will be working closely within our engineering team. Your key responsibilities will be to combine proven technology solutions with new smarter ways of doing things, create new concepts and develop them with engineering teams. You will also evaluate others work and will give constructive feedback to improve the design. At times you will participate supplier meetings and facilitate the information flow between engineering teams and suppliers.
A successful candidate holds at least a Bachelor’s degree in Automation/Instrumentation engineering or have related work experience. Prior work experience in commissioning, testing and maintenance is a plus. Effective written and verbal communication skills in English and a high level of attention to detail are both important keys to success in this role. Existing permanent visa to live in Finland is a must.
Lead Automation/Instrumentation Engineer Responsibilities
- Develop modular WOIMA power plant Automation and Instrumentation system
- Communicate regularly with supplier’s engineering teams
- Advise team on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements
- Lead the PLC, HMI and System topology design and engineering
- Analyse and answer to technical quotations and raised issues from various engineering teams
- Update and improve WOIMA data and project management tools
- Identify short-term and long-range development needs and scout for new technologies to be implemented
Lead Automation/Instrumentation Engineer Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Automation/Instrumentation, or related field
- Innovative, curious and open mind to search and implement better solutions
- Team player with effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
- Competency in Siemens applications and related Automation software’s
- Fast learner and good logical reasoning/problems solving skills
- Commercial awareness, adaptability and creativity
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of electrical, instrumentation and automation related works
If you see yourself as the next Lead Automation / Instrumentation Engineer, please send your CV and your salary request to CTO Tapani Korhonen. Or if you know your friend could be suitable candidate, please share the news forward!
WOIMA Corporation is a Finnish supplier of best-in-class waste-to-value products, projects and services worldwide. We have developed solutions that enable us, and the customer, to transform and recycle virtually any waste stream into raw materials and energy. At WOIMA we combine Finnish engineering know-how in waste management with power generation design expertise. These solutions are used in Finland every day. They support the circular economy ideology and ensure that less than 1% of Finland’s waste ends up in landfills.
Our mission is to improve quality of life both locally and globally, as well as empower people to utilize waste as a commodity. Our decades of international project management experience ensure an on-time, in-budget and high-quality WOIMA solution delivery across the globe.