WOIMA is a Finnish tech company challenging the current waste management and power generation practices by designing and delivering innovative state-of-the-art circular economy solutions that will transform that business segment forever. WOIMA will fulfil the emerging countries’ quest for renewable energy and revolutionize both the waste-to-energy solutions and the methods of delivering them.
We are looking to hire a Lead Automation/Instrumentation Engineer, who will be working closely within our engineering team. You will be reporting directly to Chief Technology Officer and will be located in WOIMA Headquarter Vaasa and/or Tampere.
Your key responsibilities will be to combine proven technology solutions with new smarter ways of doing things, create new concepts and develop them with engineering teams. You will also evaluate others work and will give constructive feedback to improve the design. At times you will participate supplier meetings and facilitate the information flow between engineering teams and suppliers.
A successful candidate holds at least a Bachelor’s degree in Automation/Instrumentation engineering or have related work experience. Prior work experience in commissioning, testing and maintenance is seen as a benefit. Effective written and verbal communication skills in English and a high level of attention to detail are both important keys to success in this role.
Lead Automation/Instrumentation Engineer Responsibilities
- Develop modular WOIMA power plant Automation and Instrumentation system
- Communicate regularly with supplier’s engineering teams
- Advise team on product, service, or equipment adherence to requirements
- Lead the PLC, HMI and System topology design and engineering
- Analyse and answer to technical quotations and raised issues from various engineering teams
- Update and improve WOIMA data and project management tools
- Identify short-term and long-range development needs and scout for new technologies to be implemented
- Have a supportive role in project execution including willingness to travel
Lead Automation/Instrumentation Engineer Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Automation/Instrumentation, or related field
- Innovative, curious and open mind to search and implement better solutions
- Team player with effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
- Competency in Siemens applications and related Automation software’s
- Fast learner and good logical reasoning/problems solving skills
- Commercial awareness, adaptability and creativity
- Hands-on experience and knowledge of electrical, instrumentation and automation related works
If you see yourself as the next Lead Automation / Instrumentation Engineer, please send your CV and your salary request to CTO Tapani Korhonen.
WOIMA Finland Oy has its main focus in to developing the waste-to-energy and waste-to-fuel technologies in the small and medium scale range. We will increase economic, environmental and social well-being in emerging countries by delivering best-in-class waste-to-energy solutions and services.
WOIMA, with its vision of decentralized waste management, will not only revolutionize the way waste is handled today, but it will radically and readily improve local quality of life and empower people by utilizing waste as a commodity instead of discarding it as refuse. We will combine the Finnish engineering know-how in waste management with power plant design expertise to produce results that will completely change the competitive landscape in waste management. Our location in Vaasa, Finland, a world-renowned energy cluster capital, grants us access to the brightest minds and most experienced professionals in energy-related project businesses.