WOIMA is a Finnish tech company challenging the current waste management and power generation practices by designing and delivering innovative state-of-the-art circular economy solutions that will transform that business segment forever. WOIMA will fulfil the developing countries’ quest for renewable energy and revolutionize both the waste-to-energy solutions and the methods of delivering them.
We will increase economic, environmental and social well-being in developing countries by delivering best-in-class waste-to-energy solutions and services. Our solutions mitigate waste-related challenges and offer sustainable growth to energy sector, waste management companies, investors and local population alike.
We are looking to hire a Lead Mechanical Engineer, to fulfil one of the main key roles within our engineering team. Your key responsibilities will be to be the main responsible of the mechanical module and system integrations. You will also be the main facilitator to communicate changes between various engineering teams to ensure best fit-and-match between interfaces. You will also be the main administrator of the main 3D model and PDM system.
A successful candidate holds at least a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical engineering or have related work experience. Prior experience with LEGO-toys or Project Engineering will provide a good advantage. Work experience of 3D CAD programs is required, and Vertex 4G/Vertex Flow is a plus. Effective written and verbal communication skills in English and a high level of attention to detail are both important keys to success in this role. Previous experience in Virtual Reality environments or any sort of Gaming would be a good asset.
Location: in Finland and negotiable
Lead Mechanical and Modularity Engineer Responsibilities
- Be main responsible of WOIMA power plant Module and system integrator
- Communicate regularly with all our Engineering teams
- Guide and administrate 3D CAD engineering work in Vertex Environment
- Ensure that the engineering teams hold on to WOIMA modularity principles that ensure cost efficient manufacturing, modular flexibility and fast site construction.
- Analyse and answer to technical quotations and raised issues from engineering teams
- Update WOIMA data and project management tools
- Identify short-term and long-range development needs
Lead Mechanical and Modularity Engineer Qualifications and Skills
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Innovative, curious and open mind to search and implement better solutions
- Team player with effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Competency in 3D CAD software (e.g. Vertex, AutoCAD etc.) and Microsoft applications
- Excellent 3D Spatial Perception and logical reasoning abilities
- Good at listening others and approaching challenges from various perspectives
- Resourceful and Creative with “Can do” attitude
If you see yourself as the next Lead Mechanical and Modularity Engineer, please send your CV and your salary request to CTO Tapani Korhonen. Or if you know your friend could be suitable candidate, please share the news forward!
WOIMA Corporation is a Finnish supplier of best-in-class waste-to-value products, projects and services worldwide. We have developed solutions that enable us, and the customer, to transform and recycle virtually any waste stream into raw materials and energy. At WOIMA we combine Finnish engineering know-how in waste management with power generation design expertise. These solutions are used in Finland every day. They support the circular economy ideology and ensure that less than 1% of Finland’s waste ends up in landfills.
Our mission is to improve quality of life both locally and globally, as well as empower people to utilize waste as a commodity. Our decades of international project management experience ensure an on-time, in-budget and high-quality WOIMA solution delivery across the globe.