LEAD PROCESS AND PLANT ENGINEER – JOB DESCRIPTION
WOIMA is a Finnish tech company challenging the current waste management and power generation practices by designing and delivering innovative state-of-the-art circular economy solutions that will transform that business segment forever. WOIMA will fulfil the emerging countries’ quest for renewable energy and revolutionize both the waste-to-energy solutions and the methods of delivering them.
We will increase economic, environmental and social well-being in emerging countries by delivering best-in-class waste-to-energy solutions and services. Our solutions mitigate waste-related challenges and offer sustainable growth to energy sector, waste management companies, investors and local population alike.
We are looking to hire a Lead Process and Plant Engineer, to fulfil one of the main key roles within our engineering team. You will be in charge of the Process and Plant Engineering of WOIMA products and will lead the processes to validate the best technologies and their providers of future products. You will work closely with our Engineering teams to ensure that the main engineering design points, plant utilization time and production capabilities of the plant will be met. You collaborate with Supply Chain and Project teams to support sourcing, procurement and delivery of WOIMA products by providing and integrating the necessary specifications with your and your team’s expertise with different suppliers and partners. In addition, you will assist our sales team and end customers, to choose right ecosystem components to find optimal solutions for each project already at sales phase.
A successful candidate holds at least a Bachelor’s degree in Process engineering or have related experience. Prior experience with Project Engineering, Plant and Piping Engineering, Balance of plant Calculations, Power Plant optimizations, knowledge of chemical engineering or site works will provide an edge for you. Effective written and verbal communication skills in English will be needed. Understanding various Thermochemical processes and how to integrate them will provide a success in this role. Previous experience in plant operations or maintenance would be a good plus as well.
Seniority Level: Experienced
Industry: Renewables & Technology
Employment Type: Permanent
Lead Energy and Process Engineer Responsibilities
- Be main responsible of WOIMA power plant Process, Piping and Plant Engineering
- Lead the integration of process and plant engineering related specifications between Engineering, Supply Chain and Project teams
- Define and maintain process related documentation such as descriptions, guidelines and plans
- Lead the clarification of viable engineering design points of each project and then oversee that these points and production goals can be met
- Analyse and answer to technical questions and raised issues from customers
- Develop and maintain our WOIMA tools and design systems in relation your expertise and responsibilities
- Develop our sales calculation and analytics tools together with the team
- Identify better technologies and processes to improve WOIMA products and increase synergies between various ecosystem processes
Qualifications and Skills
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Process Engineering, or related field
- Innovative, curious and open mind to search and implement better solutions
- Team player with effective written and verbal communication skills in English
- Able to grasp clear “Big picture” and understand butter-fly effects in complicated processes
- Good at explaining complex processes and systems in plain English
- “We can’t bend the laws of physics, but we can wrap them in better ways” attitude
- Existing permanent visa to live in Finland is a must.
If you feel excited of these responsibilities, fulfil the above qualifications and consider having the right character to contribute effectively to our mission, please proceed further in submitting your application.
If you need more information, please be in contact with:
Chief Technology Officer
WOIMA Finland Oy
Mobile: +358 44 989 1513
WOIMA Corporation is a Finnish supplier of best-in-class waste-to-value products, projects and services worldwide. We have developed solutions that enable us, and the customer, to transform and recycle virtually any waste stream into raw materials and energy. At WOIMA we combine Finnish engineering know-how in waste management with power generation design expertise. These solutions are used in Finland every day. They support the circular economy ideology and ensure that less than 1% of Finland’s waste ends up in landfills.
Our mission is to improve quality of life both locally and globally, as well as empower people to utilize waste as a commodity. Our decades of international project management experience ensure an on-time, in-budget and high-quality WOIMA solution delivery across the globe.