WOIMA is a Finnish tech company challenging the current waste management and power generation practices by designing and delivering innovative state-of-the-art circular economy solutions that will transform that business segment forever. WOIMA will fulfil the emerging countries’ quest for renewable energy and revolutionize both the waste-to-energy solutions and the methods of delivering them.
We will increase economic, environmental and social well-being in emerging countries by delivering best-in-class waste-to-energy solutions and services. Our solutions mitigate waste-related challenges and offer sustainable growth to energy sector, waste management companies, investors and local population alike.
- Are you destined to manage projects and lead your team to success?
- Do you take ownership with resolve to learn how you can be better tomorrow?
- Can you summon your and your team’s best qualities when they are needed the most?
- If the answer is Absolutely, then we have the perfect opportunity for you to embark on a journey to become an exceptional project management professional in an interesting industry where you can make an impact that matters.
We are looking for a Project Engineer / Junior Project Manager to take a leading role in delivering customer projects together with a dedicated team. You will be taken into career path where we will satisfy your hunger to learn the skills that are needed for the project management professional. Your projects will reflect your capabilities as a rising star, and you will be given larger responsibilities as we marvel your outstanding project management abilities being developed.
You will be a key player in our project management team in making sure our deliveries will have the capability to surpass customer expectations. You are expected to the be part of our development work, how we constantly improve ourselves. You will interact effectively with your closest colleagues, including other project stakeholders and collaborate seamlessly with suppliers and service providers as well with the Customer.
A successful candidate holds a Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering or in economics. Few years of work experience in project management field is preferred. You are coherent and articulate verbally, in writing and in your presentations. We expect you to be fluent in English. You think strategically without compromising the completion of day-to-day tasks in accordance with the project objectives. Furthermore, being able to define what you are supposed to do and what not independently is highly regarded. Ideal candidate can demonstrate strong leadership and performance in accomplishing what needs to be done when provided with freedom and responsibility.
As a person you inspire others with your passion for excellence. You learn fast and are hungry for more. You seek to understand our customers, market, strategy, solutions, operations, suppliers, and business as whole. In WOIMA, we care deeply about the mission of our business and wellbeing which are naturally expected from you as well. When creating something new, we are treading on a road which is uncharted, and you having the ability to step out from the comfort zone and capitalize the opportunities is paramount to our future success.
Project Engineer / Junior Project Manager Responsibilities
- Manage the project time schedule
- Plan, integrate and synchronize project activities with internal and external project stakeholders
- Engage the project stakeholders to project planning and management
- Analyse and suggest priorities for project future activities and formulate mitigation actions
- Actively seek ways to mitigate foreseeable risks and delays with internal stakeholders and with suppliers
- Support in project cost control and forecasting
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports and present the progress and performance of the project internally and to the customer
- Update WOIMA data platforms, ERP, project and supply management tools
Key Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in engineering or in economics
- Few years’ work experience in project management
- Competency in MS-Project and basic Microsoft application
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills in English
- Ability to work effectively within a team and independently
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability in problem-solving and negotiation
- Business awareness, adaptability and creativity
- Existing permanent visa to live in Finland is a must.
If you feel excited of these responsibilities, fulfil the above qualifications and consider having the right character to contribute effectively to our mission, please proceed further in submitting your application.
If you need more information, please be in contact with:
Chief Project Officer
WOIMA Finland Oy
Mobile: +358 50 387 9883
WOIMA Corporation is a Finnish supplier of best-in-class waste-to-value products, projects and services worldwide. We have developed solutions that enable us, and the customer, to transform and recycle virtually any waste stream into raw materials and energy. At WOIMA we combine Finnish engineering know-how in waste management with power generation design expertise. These solutions are used in Finland every day. They support the circular economy ideology and ensure that less than 1% of Finland’s waste ends up in landfills.
Our mission is to improve quality of life both locally and globally, as well as empower people to utilize waste as a commodity. Our decades of international project management experience ensure an on-time, in-budget and high-quality WOIMA solution delivery across the globe.