All the wasteWOIMA® power plant flexibilities and adaptabilities fully comply with and promote the Circular Economy Principles
1. Use Waste as a Resource by utilizing waste streams as a source of secondary resources and recovering waste for reuse and recycling
2. Rethink the Business Model by considering opportunities to create greater value and aligning incentives through business models that build on the interaction between products and services
3. Design for the Future by accounting for the systems perspective during the design process, using the right materials, designing for appropriate lifetime and extended future use
4. Prioritize Regenerative Resources by ensuring that renewable, reusable, non-toxic resources are utilised as materials and energy in an efficient way.
5. Preserve and Extend What’s Already Made by maintaining, repairing and upgrading them to maximize their lifetime and to give them a second life through take-back strategies when applicable.
6. Incorporate Digital Technology by tracking and optimizing resource use and strengthening connections between supply chain actors through digital, online platforms and technologies that provide insights
7. Collaborate to Create Joint Value by working together throughout the supply chain, internally within organizations and with the public sector to increase transparency and create joint value
Circular Economy transformation starts at the grass-root level. Empowering people and companies to take action on matters affecting their environment and future is of paramount importance. That is why the wasteWOIMA® power plant has been designed to utilize the waste of the local people to generate power for the local people while being operated and maintained by the local people.
WOIMA Corporation is a Finnish supplier of best-in-class waste-to-value products, projects and services worldwide. We have developed solutions that enable us, and the customer, to transform and recycle virtually any waste stream into raw materials and energy. At WOIMA we combine Finnish engineering know-how in waste management with power generation design expertise. These solutions are used in Finland every day. They support the circular economy ideology and ensure that less than 1% of Finland’s waste ends up in landfills.
Our mission is to improve quality of life both locally and globally, as well as empower people to utilize waste as a commodity. Our decades of international project management experience ensure an on-time, in-budget and high-quality WOIMA solution delivery across the globe.